Readings

These days I'm not particulary reading something, but I'm going to talk about a book... particulary, about a story which is inside of it.This book is called "Juego Final" which author is Julio Cortázar from Argentina, and the story im going to talk about is about axolotls...a weird kind of fish, it is also called that way: Axolotl.
This story reminds me a lot of Kafka, and what he wrote in Metamorfosis... but this one is different in so many ways.
It belongs to the genre: magic realism.
I actually, hate reading... even in school where my strongestsubject was 'Lenguaje', reading is something I really dislike, but this hate to it belong to my teenager period, when I was little I was addicted to books and stuff.
Well, the reason why I really enjoyed this book, its because even if I dont have a great time reading, Cortazar wrote all these things that makes me go to the deepest part of my mind. All his books, and short stories, makes me feel this way, and thats why I enjoyed it so much.
The story is about a man who stands in front this mexican fish, called Axolotl, at the acuarium, and keeps there for even hours, just watching, thinking, about how this creature, exists, he looks it deeply in his eyes, and just reflection a lot about it, then finally, he becomes it... the way Cortazar explain this process is magic, the man actually changes bodys with this creature, which becomes stranger with the lecture. And suddenly, he found itself in the acuarium, with those kind of plastic eyes , watching himself from the other side of the glass... I don't know, but this makes me crazy, makes me wonder and imagine lot of creepy and mystical stuff! 
This kind of lectures, actually hypnotize me, because theres something I can really found in my mind... the way its so logical how the man stands there for hours, go home, and come back next day just to keep watching, to keep feeling it. 
Im not the kind of person who tries to found a meaning in everything, Im a believer that maybe something happen without a reason, just happen... and thats what I also think about books, and paintings, and all. Not everything has a deep meaning, and thats why I liked this story so much, you can found thousands of meaning of these creepy text, and still I think the best way of understanding it its the way that it is, finally, its just a simple story of how a man, became one day that fish, the fish whose have got his attention and became also and obsetion, he its now it, and thats it.
Im also leaving a picture of this creepy fish called Axolotl, just to make this blog more interesting.

Resultado de imagen para axolotl

Comentarios

  1. julio cortazar is a great author! to me I liked eduardo galeano

    ResponderBorrar
  2. When you're reading, you have to make what you read your own, I don't know if I'm being clear, but that this text makes you feel that way is what all reading is about, or at least I like to think it in that way.

    ResponderBorrar
  3. I read that book too and I like a lot, I knew axolotls for that!<3

    ResponderBorrar
  4. I really love the way that write Julio Cortazar

    ResponderBorrar
  5. I haven't read this one but it sounds really interesting. Cortázar is an amazing writer

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

F R E E T O P I C